With the combination of baked potato and sweet potato, this dish is absolutely delicious. You can create this easy side dish in about 20 minutes making it a perfect addition to your weeknight meals. Serve it up with your choice of meat and a simple salad for all the family to enjoy.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Note: You can easily substitute fresh herbs with dried herbs and it’s still amazing.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat. Add garlic, sweet potato and potatoes, then reduce heat to medium-high. Cook for about 8 minutes. Drain potato mixture in a colander.
- Preheat oven to 220OC. Place potato mixture in a 23 x 33cm baking dish. Drizzle oil over potato mixture. Sprinkle, basil, parsley, paprika and pepper over potatoes. Toss gently to coat.
- Bake until potatoes are lightly golden, about 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.