The combination of lemon, wine and honey gives this dish a sweet and sour flavour. It is simple to create and is a quick and easy dish for the family. Add tasty potatoes and you have a meal that is both delicious and healthy.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoons olive oil (extra 1 tablespoon if frying)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dried oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- pinch pepper
- In a shallow dish combine lemon juice, wine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, honey, oregano and pepper. Mix well
- Add chicken to marinade, turning to coat. Cover dish with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes
Frying instructions for quick meal
- In a large frying pan, heat remaining oil over a medium-high heat, until hot. Add chicken to pan fry for 1 minute, turn over and fry on other side for 1 minute, to seal chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook approximately 6 minutes each side or until cooked through.
BBQ or Grill for a healthier meal
- Barbeque chicken on a lightly oiled hotplate over a medium heat for 8 minutes on each side or until cooked whilst brushing with marinade.
- Pre-heat grill on a medium heat and cook approximately 8 minutes either side or until cooked through (grills vary).